Vintage & rare finds

Vintage & rare finds
A Passion for Vintage to the Latest in Style!!!

Saturday, December 11, 2010

♥ These are a few of my favourite things ♥

My Vintage Fling....


For as long as I can remember, I've loved exploring flea markets, vintage markets, fetes & op shops which I always tell my girl-friends, "its called an Opportunity Shop for a reason.... you gotta grab the opportunity while its there". When you get that tingly feeling....grab it!!! I've had a few regrets, missed opportunities are a pain in the...... Listen to that gut feeling. 


I have collected little treasures along the way for the last 16 years, not too long but boy does it accumulate & I cant imagine all the treasures that will choose me in the next few decades to come.


Its exciting, fun & who doesn't like elegant & extravagant pieces from yesteryear, what secrets they hold. The romance, saga, happiness & sadness.... 


I had no idea I was a Vintage hunter, I just adore the old, the unusual, not in fashion, unique & rare.  There are lovers of the old & rare as crazy as I am, crazy over nostalgia.


Heres my treasure trove - some are expensive compulsive buys & real bargains or gifts. A few hold sentimental value, & others are just pure bliss, a rare find.... exhilarating !!!! 


"Elegance does not consist in putting on a new dress" -Coco Chanel-
"Fashion is not frivolous. It is part of being alive today"  -Mary Quant -
"Fashion fades, style is eternal" -Yves Saint Laurent-
"A girl should be two things. Classy & fabulous" -Coco Chanel-


Indispensables, can not live without them....


In England, these early accessories were called "indispensable", as they contained all the things a lady simply couldn't do without. 


And how this wonderful accessory has changed constantly to reflect our lives, our independence & status..


The old, the classic....never fades


"Dressing is a way of life" -Yves Saint Laurent-
"I dont do fashion, I am fashion" -Coco Chanel-
"Fashion is an art. You express who you are through what you're wearing" -Daniele Donato


Some of these beautiful pieces are available on.....

http://stores.ebay.com.au/ranamyiaboutique







No comments:

Post a Comment